“Don’t Follow the Herd Herd” (cartoon by nakedpastor)
Be careful when you leave the herd that you don’t simply find a new one that suits your opinions better. You haven’t really changed. You’ve only switched.
Tweaking is the favorite pastime of the spiritually discontent.
Switching is the hobby of ego enthusiasts.
Waiting patiently, alone, to find your own self and path… now that takes courage!
Do you need to talk? I’m making myself available for spiritual coaching sessions. email me. My rates are reasonable.
“Don’t follow the herd herd” has no point. All things can be argued to be a “herd,” as there is no such thing as originality and people tend to congregate. Without typing into a larger argument, simply being the first to do something does not make you “original” - what were the influencing factors? Regardless, you were influenced to an end. And we all should be aware of the irony of so-called “non-conformists” in any light sometimes denoted by an “a” prefix on part of their identity.
41 Notes/ Hide
- cincuentaydos reblogged this from skepticalavenger and added:
- beautifultrgdy reblogged this from skepticalavenger
- juri-mado reblogged this from skepticalavenger
- breatheeasyfriend reblogged this from skepticalavenger
- breatheeasyfriend likes this
- pinkthatfuckingpink likes this
- hilariaaa reblogged this from skepticalavenger
- ladylilith333 likes this
- bubbybobble likes this
- project-argus likes this
- raeppasidotwoh reblogged this from christopharianism
- ihaveahen likes this
- jamesskaar reblogged this from skepticalavenger and added:
- hammerofthegods77 likes this
- christopharianism reblogged this from skepticalavenger
- m1kevee likes this
- civilexecutioner likes this
- owlgirlover likes this
- guardiansilence likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- faukesmusing likes this
- dreamingmappist likes this
- ladyofleisuredc said: exactly!
- ladyofleisuredc likes this
- mashkwi likes this
- ribbitz likes this
- christiantheatheist likes this